Back to Basics in Chevy Chase | Choosing Patio Pavers
Chevy Chase, MD
When it comes to choosing patio pavers in Chevy Chase, you have dozens of possible choices. Pavers come in a number of different materials including brick, concrete, stone, ceramic tile and wood. Within these different categories, there are a variety of design patterns and shapes to choose from as well. Keep these things in mind in order to help you choose pavers that will suit your taste and budget.
The material you choose will largely depend on the look you are trying to achieve. Stone works well with nearly any type of landscape, and is durable as well. Brick could be a better choice for a cottage-style garden, while wood pavers placed near a deck might make the area flow more seamlessly. Tile provides a formal appearance, which would make it perfect for use in an outdoor kitchen. There are some disadvantages to each type of material. If the exterior of your home is brick, it could be difficult to find pavers that match this surface exactly. Tile can become slippery when wet, so you may want to avoid it if you’ll be walking on it often. Concrete could need to be painted or stained to keep it from appearing too bland. Wood can be subject to rotting and damage from insects, which is something you don’t have to worry about with other materials.
Size and Shape
Patio pavers can be square, rectangular, round, oval or octagonal. They also come in different sizes depending on the type of project you’re working on. Generally speaking, pavers with rounded edges will provide a somewhat softer look, while ones with sharp lines are best for creating a more formal appearance. Larger pavers are better choices for finishing a patio, while smaller one are best for making walkways. When it comes to the possible uses for patio pavers, you have nearly unlimited choices. For more tips and ideas on how to use them in your garden, contact us today.
We answer phones Monday-Friday 8-5. If you have questions, please call (301) 656-6414.
Get in Touch
7201 Brookville Road
Chevy Chase, MD 20815
- Landscaping Services in Chevy Chase, MD
- Landscaping Services in Bethesda, MD
- Landscaping Services in Washington DC
- Landscaping Services in Darnestown, MD
- Landscaping Services in Brookeville, MD
- Landscaping Services in NE DC
- Landscaping Services in Takoma Park, MD
- Landscaping Services in Laytonsville, MD
- Landscaping Services in Clarksburg, MD
- Landscaping Services in Olney, MD
- Landscape Maintenance in Potomac, MD
- Landscape Maintenance in Rockville, MD
- Landscape Maintenance in Kensington, MD
- Landscape Maintenance in Chevy Chase, MD
- Landscape Maintenance in Silver Spring, MD