Categories to Consider Before Designing a Patio | Bethesda, MD
Like a deck, a patio allows you to take advantage of all that the great outdoors has to offer. Patios have matured from simple concrete slabs to refined outdoor rooms, ranging from brick courtyards to urban rooftops to luxurious poolside havens. Thus, a patio can be attached to a house or placed at a distance. Patios can accommodate a variety of activities, including (but not limited to) dining, recreation, and meditation practices. Your budget, lifestyle, and property dictate what type of patio will be most suitable and useful for you. Patios can be any different style you choose, but regardless of how you design a patio, the majority of them fall into one of the following categories.
Patio on Grade
A patio on grade is laid directly onto the level of the ground with no intervening steps from grass to patio. A fairly level site is required.
A raised patio sits a few steps up from the surrounding yard and built so that one can go directly from the house onto the patio without any stairs. It is also used with a sloping yard where the first floor of the house is high above the surrounding grade.
A rooftop patio is set on top of the flat-roofed portion of a house. The roof framing of the patio must be designed to support heavy patio materials, such as concrete and stone.
A poolside patio is the paved area immediately around the pool, and designed to withstand chlorinated water.
For more information hardscaping and landscaping, contact us.
We answer phones Monday-Friday 8-5. If you have questions, please call (301) 656-6414.
Get in Touch
7201 Brookville Road
Chevy Chase, MD 20815
- Landscaping Services in Chevy Chase, MD
- Landscaping Services in Bethesda, MD
- Landscaping Services in Washington DC
- Landscaping Services in Darnestown, MD
- Landscaping Services in Brookeville, MD
- Landscaping Services in NE DC
- Landscaping Services in Takoma Park, MD
- Landscaping Services in Laytonsville, MD
- Landscaping Services in Clarksburg, MD
- Landscaping Services in Olney, MD
- Landscape Maintenance in Potomac, MD
- Landscape Maintenance in Rockville, MD
- Landscape Maintenance in Kensington, MD
- Landscape Maintenance in Chevy Chase, MD
- Landscape Maintenance in Silver Spring, MD