Garden landscaping: Reduce Pollution | Chevy Chase MD
It’s spring and many of us want to plant a garden and might be wondering if there are ways to reduce pollution when planting our gardens. Just by planting a garden, we can be reducing pollution since we might not be driving to the store, and we won’t be using as many of those plastic grocery bags. So, this spring, create garden landscaping that makes it easy to grow vegetables, herbs, and fruit.
In your garden landscaping, add an area for composting. Composting food and yard waste reduces the amount of garbage you send to your local landfill, which will reduce greenhouse gas emissions. In addition, when you compost your yard waste, that reduces the amount of grass clippings that pollute the water by getting in the street and then down the storm drain into the water.
When you use compost, you will improve the soil in your garden and improve the water-holding capacity of the soil. This means you will need less water, which will in turn help reduce the pollution cities produce in processing water.
Compost will mean you need to purchase less chemical fertilizer. This in turn will help your garden soil retain nutrients. It also means fewer chemicals from chemical fertilizer will be washed away with rain, and that means less water pollution.
We can help you create this garden landscaping that reduces pollution and makes it easy to grow vegetables, herbs, and fruit. While we can help you with composting, we suggest you read HowToCompost for details on how to compost.
We answer phones Monday-Friday 8-5. If you have questions, please call (301) 656-6414.
Get in Touch
7201 Brookville Road
Chevy Chase, MD 20815
- Landscaping Services in Chevy Chase, MD
- Landscaping Services in Bethesda, MD
- Landscaping Services in Washington DC
- Landscaping Services in Darnestown, MD
- Landscaping Services in Brookeville, MD
- Landscaping Services in NE DC
- Landscaping Services in Takoma Park, MD
- Landscaping Services in Laytonsville, MD
- Landscaping Services in Clarksburg, MD
- Landscaping Services in Olney, MD
- Landscape Maintenance in Potomac, MD
- Landscape Maintenance in Rockville, MD
- Landscape Maintenance in Kensington, MD
- Landscape Maintenance in Chevy Chase, MD
- Landscape Maintenance in Silver Spring, MD