Garrett Park was incorporated as a town in 1898 and was intended to be a suburban development reminiscent of an English village. As you drive through Garrett Park, you will see this in the names of the streets. Many of the street names are locations in the novels of Walter Scott. As part of the commitment to the original English village concept, in 1977, Garrett Park was officially established as an Arboretum. Since that date, more than 400 trees and shrubs have been planted. This abundance of trees and shrubs maintains a canopy of shade trees throughout Garrett Park and provides color for all the four seasons. We want to help you have that English village landscape on your property in Garrett Park. We will come to your residence or business and talk with you about adding walkways surrounded by gardens. We will ask you to make choices:
- What kind of rock or brick do you want to create walkways in your garden?
- Do you want a true English garden without lawn, or a hybrid with a small lawn?
- Do you want climbing plants such as roses?
- What color scheme do you want? Two or three colors, or all the possible plant colors?
- Do you want a bench to rest on in your garden?
Then let’s talk about landscape lighting so you can enjoy your English garden in the evenings. We will suggest places to place soft lights so you can see to walk the pathways at night, and it will seem like you are walking in moonlight. After that, we will even help you maintain your landscape, or give you information on how you can maintain it yourself. It’s easy to get that English garden landscape in Garrett Park. Just contact us!