How to Landscape
It can be overwhelming to think about the process of landscaping your property. What is landscape design-build? What should you look for in a landscaper? Most importantly, how do you landscape? Here is a brief overview of what landscaping is, how to landscape, and tips and tricks to make sure you end up with the best possible landscape for your individual wants and needs.
What is Landscaping?
Landscaping is the process of designing and maintaining the land on your property. Whether you want it to be more organized, productive, or attractive, landscaping is the right decision for you. The ultimate goal of any landscaping project is to provide you and your family with a space that is both functional for your everyday needs and aesthetically appealing. Landscaping will also increase your property value and give back to the environment, so really, everyone wins. Are you ready for more flowers and bushes, exciting lighting features, a new walkway or deck, or even a relaxing water feature? All of this can be done through a landscaping project. If this sounds good to you, then it is time for us to discuss how to landscape.
How to Landscape
There are many different components to a successful landscaping project. While some people want a flower garden and new arbor, others may just be looking for a fountain, sidewalk, or other new feature. You can design your landscape based on your own individual taste and priorities, which will turn your property into your ideal space to host guests, enjoy family time, or just relax. Never compromise on this, because if you choose the right company, they will want what is best for your unique situation as well. Each addition to your landscape will have its own process for planning, installation, and maintenance, and overall, any of these changes will make your property seem cleaner and more luxurious than ever before.
At Johnson’s, no matter what project we are working on, our landscaping jobs always follow our signature five-step process. First, we meet the client in order to understand what exactly they are looking for and what their priorities are. Once we have this information and are confident that we know what our client wants, the landscape designer for the project will work one-on-one with the client to come up with an individualized plan that best meets their needs and wants. We make a special effort to get feedback on this plan and discuss it with the client in order to ensure that we are ready to give them the best possible landscape. When the plan is finalized, we schedule the landscape installation and get to work. Our company knows how to landscape and most importantly, how to get the job done right the first time, ensuring that we will be efficient and productive as we work and that your investment will be worth it. Finally, even once the landscape design and installation is completed, we will always be available to help with any maintenance issues and make sure that your property continues to meet your standards in the long run.
Overall, throughout any landscaping process, it is important that you assess what you want done, who you want to do it, and what you want the property to look like once the project is over. This way, you can make sure that your landscape meets all your expectations and fits seamlessly with your home and your life.
Tips and Tricks for Landscaping
Now you know a bit about the process of how to landscape, so here are a few tips and tricks that will make sure that you end up with the most aesthetically appealing and practical landscaped-yard that meets your highest expectations:
- Find a landscape company you can trust. Though it is possible to do some landscaping on your own, you will most likely want to look to experts instead, as they will have invaluable training and experience in the field of landscaping. Johnson’s has been around since 1960 and consistently satisfies our many clients.
- Do not settle for a company that will rip you off. Instead, you want to be confident that your landscape design, installation, and maintenance teams are all up for the challenge. We can assure you that our landscapers are ready to tackle any task you have for us and get you the best results, so go ahead and sit back, relax, and get ready to be impressed.
- Plan ahead. As you prepare to invest in a new landscape, make sure that you come up with a plan for what you want your property to be like now and in the long run. What are your favorite flowers and plants? What do you want to use this space for, and what could help facilitate that? You should spend time contemplating this and examining your property so that you know what you are working with and what you want to be changed. Johnson’s is ready to get you what you need, and we want to make sure you will like what we do. Once we meet with you and plan your new landscape design, we always stick to the plan that you have agreed to, and we make sure that you are a constant part of the process.
- Know your limitations. If your space is small, you may not want to pack it with new structures. If you have a low budget, you may want to eliminate one of your ideas and stick to what you feel comfortable with. It is important that when you begin any landscaping project, you know your limitations. This will provide you with the best situation now and later, so that you have no regrets with the decisions you make. If you choose Johnson’s, we will be ready to have an open discussion about your limitations and come up with the absolute best plan that works for your unique space, budget, and overall situation.
- Be ready for a change. Whether or not you love your property now, knowing that it is about to change can be difficult. Just think about all the new memories that will be created here and how relaxing it will be to spend time outdoors once the space is redone. We are confident that the change to your landscape will be worth the time, effort, and money and that you will love your newly redone property.
Do you think you know how to landscape? Are you ready for a change? Give us a call today or any day and we will get started with a free consultation. We will treat you like a member of our family throughout the whole process and make sure that you get the best landscaping done on your property.
We are still answering phones Monday-Friday, 8-5, and responding to inquiries. If you have questions, please call (301) 656-6414.
Get in Touch
7201 Brookville Road
Chevy Chase, MD 20815