Ideas for Enhancing a Stone Garden Wall | Rockville, MD
A stone garden wall is sometimes needed in order to hold the earth back and keep it from collapsing. Just because you have a stone wall in your garden doesn’t mean it has to look cold and uninteresting. Here are a few ideas for dressing up a stone garden wall that you can easily use to soften the look of it a bit.
One of the best ways of dressing up a stone wall is with the use of plants. You could use either climbing vines or shrubs to partially cover the wall, or attach brackets and then add hanging baskets. Another idea would be to attach shelves at varying heights, and then place potted containers on them, and this is an excellent choice if you would also like to add a variety of textures and colors to your wall.
Use the wall as a backdrop for a water feature such as a fountain or waterfall. Add a few potted ferns or mother-in-law’s tongues around the water feature, and then place lights on the wall to help showcase it. A strand of lanterns or rope-style LED lights would work very nicely in this instance.
Create some natural works of art and then display them on or near your wall. A grapevine wreath along with an arrangement of wild flowers, pinecones and cattails in a barrel-shaped wicker basket will help provide a rustic look that is nonetheless comforting and inviting.
Here at Johnson’s Landscaping, we know that a stone garden wall doesn’t have to detract from the looks of your property. If you’d like even more landscaping ideas, contact us.
We answer phones Monday-Friday 8-5. If you have questions, please call (301) 656-6414.
Get in Touch
7201 Brookville Road
Chevy Chase, MD 20815
- Landscaping Services in Chevy Chase, MD
- Landscaping Services in Bethesda, MD
- Landscaping Services in Washington DC
- Landscaping Services in Darnestown, MD
- Landscaping Services in Brookeville, MD
- Landscaping Services in NE DC
- Landscaping Services in Takoma Park, MD
- Landscaping Services in Laytonsville, MD
- Landscaping Services in Clarksburg, MD
- Landscaping Services in Olney, MD
- Landscape Maintenance in Potomac, MD
- Landscape Maintenance in Rockville, MD
- Landscape Maintenance in Kensington, MD
- Landscape Maintenance in Chevy Chase, MD
- Landscape Maintenance in Silver Spring, MD