Patio Designs for Your Small Backyard
Patio designs should match the needs of the homeowner. But one of the biggest constraints, especially in the D.C. metro area, is small lot sizes that constrain backyard landscaping options.
When we deal with small lots, we have to boil our patio designs down to just the best ideas — only the ones that will create the most impact. Maybe you want a small, intimate space where you can enjoy the peace and tranquility of the outdoors. Maybe you need to devote a lot of your patio space to
Whatever your needs, our consultative five-step process will pinpoint exactly how we can make the most out of your small backyard. We’ll help you decide on the right materials, the right plantings and water features, and the right location for every aspect of your patio.
Here are three important things we take into consideration when we talk with clients about patio designs:
How Small Will the Patio Designs Be
We have to nail down our measurements
Where we can, we find ways to save space. For example, a bench can take the place of two chairs or dual-use outdoor furniture can house storage compartments.
When Will the Patio Be Used Most
If evenings will be your prime time to use your patio, we need to consider outdoor lighting and heating in your design. If a cool mid-day retreat is your dream, we want to find room for a small pergola for shade and a framework for climbing vines. We also take into consideration where the sun shines in the space to either take advantage of it or to avoid it.
What Should Patio Designs Include
Many people want a water feature for their outdoor space. Others look for a small outdoor kitchen or a firepit. Ideally, you will have one main focal point and flowers and plants to finish the look. Our collaborative process helps you decide on your most important feature and build around it. The benefit of a small space is that it will feel complete.
When you are ready to make your dream a reality, contact us at Johnson’s Landscaping Service and speak to our Design Team. We will be with you every step of the way!
We answer phones Monday-Friday 8-5. If you have questions, please call (301) 656-6414.
Get in Touch
7201 Brookville Road
Chevy Chase, MD 20815
- Landscaping Services in Chevy Chase, MD
- Landscaping Services in Bethesda, MD
- Landscaping Services in Washington DC
- Landscaping Services in Darnestown, MD
- Landscaping Services in Brookeville, MD
- Landscaping Services in NE DC
- Landscaping Services in Takoma Park, MD
- Landscaping Services in Laytonsville, MD
- Landscaping Services in Clarksburg, MD
- Landscaping Services in Olney, MD
- Landscape Maintenance in Potomac, MD
- Landscape Maintenance in Rockville, MD
- Landscape Maintenance in Kensington, MD
- Landscape Maintenance in Chevy Chase, MD
- Landscape Maintenance in Silver Spring, MD