Patio Lighting: The Finishing Touch
You’ve decided to get a new patio. It’ll be a great place to entertain and relax for decades to come. But have you considered your patio lighting? It plays a critical role in your enjoyment of your new favorite spot.
We’ve got a few tips and tricks to consider when lighting your patio.
Add Dramatic Pendant Patio Lighting
Pendant lights work well for patios and provide more light than wall-mounted sconces. An unusual and interesting pendant light can turn your patio into a statement piece. You can also add a dime switch to help control the amount of light shown.
Install Under-Stair Lighting for Safety
Under-stair lighting can be an attractive and simple way to highlight stairs and prevent falls. If you have just a couple of stairs, or narrow stairs, it can be easy for guests to miss a step and trip in the dark.
Don’t Forget about Landscape Lighting
Landscape lighting can complement your patio lighting and light the way from the patio to the grill, the garbage can, or the garage. Solar-powered landscape lights are an eco-friendly option; path lights can helpfully keep family members and guests on the walkway and off the lawn.
Add Exterior Outlets
Exterior outlets are a wonderful way to enhance your patio with string lights, lanterns, and other devices. Even if you plan to wire lights, have an electrician add exterior outlets to your home to increase your patio’s versatility.
Consider motion-sensing patio lights
Motion-sensing lights offer homes a measure of security and can keep would-be burglars away from the home. When you’re having your new outdoor patio lights installed, consider also adding in a motion-detecting light.
Get a timer
To save money and get the most from your patio lighting, put your lights on a timer. This way, they’ll automatically come on at the pre-determined time and go off when they’re not needed, saving you money.
To talk more about this, or anything else, please contact us.
We answer phones Monday-Friday 8-5. If you have questions, please call (301) 656-6414.
Get in Touch
7201 Brookville Road
Chevy Chase, MD 20815
- Landscaping Services in Chevy Chase, MD
- Landscaping Services in Bethesda, MD
- Landscaping Services in Washington DC
- Landscaping Services in Darnestown, MD
- Landscaping Services in Brookeville, MD
- Landscaping Services in NE DC
- Landscaping Services in Takoma Park, MD
- Landscaping Services in Laytonsville, MD
- Landscaping Services in Clarksburg, MD
- Landscaping Services in Olney, MD
- Landscape Maintenance in Potomac, MD
- Landscape Maintenance in Rockville, MD
- Landscape Maintenance in Kensington, MD
- Landscape Maintenance in Chevy Chase, MD
- Landscape Maintenance in Silver Spring, MD