A Well Designed Landscape Requires a Well Thought Out Plan | Takoma Park, MD
When it comes to landscape design, you don’t have to be limited. The landscape of your dreams can be achieved by simply mixing your imagination and a little bit of hard work. You can easily get what you see in magazines and on television.
But before you begin, whether you are planning a large scale project or just a few changes, it’s important to consider a few aspects. Here are 5 things to keep in mind when planning your next landscape design.
Incorporation is important
Knowing how to tie everything together in a unified fashion is important the outcome of your project. This should be done through balance, symmetry, proportion, and variety. Blending all these aspects together should be your ultimate goal. The hard work will pay off.
Know your yard
Get down and dirty with the details of the topography, layout, soil type, sun and shade conditions, and water tables (and any other micro-climates). The more you know about your yard, the easier it is to make your ideas work.
Who will be using your new design
It’s easy to get carried away when you are planning a project. But remembering who the intended recipients are will help ease your process. Will children be using your yard? Pets? Who will maintain it all when you are complete? Will you pay someone? Always plan for the future.
Make plants a focus, with a form, and a function
You will of course be adding new plants (unless you are going all hardscape), so why not hire plants to do a job. Use them as barriers, sun blocks, for aromas, to keep pests away, and so on. A new plant can be your best friend, so consider what they can do for you aside from their beauty.
Come up with a theme.
The landscape of your dreams should be a development done in steps. All working towards a goal: a theme. Consider the architecture of your home, existing colors, an overall feel you’d like to achieve, etc. This will give you a conclusion to work for, as well as help you choose plants, designs, pavers, and hardscapes.
Need help on your next landscape project for your Washington home? Feel free to contact us for more information.
We answer phones Monday-Friday 8-5. If you have questions, please call (301) 656-6414.
Get in Touch
7201 Brookville Road
Chevy Chase, MD 20815
- Landscaping Services in Chevy Chase, MD
- Landscaping Services in Bethesda, MD
- Landscaping Services in Washington DC
- Landscaping Services in Darnestown, MD
- Landscaping Services in Brookeville, MD
- Landscaping Services in NE DC
- Landscaping Services in Takoma Park, MD
- Landscaping Services in Laytonsville, MD
- Landscaping Services in Clarksburg, MD
- Landscaping Services in Olney, MD
- Landscape Maintenance in Potomac, MD
- Landscape Maintenance in Rockville, MD
- Landscape Maintenance in Kensington, MD
- Landscape Maintenance in Chevy Chase, MD
- Landscape Maintenance in Silver Spring, MD