Why Four Green Thumbs Are Better Than One
It seems that just about everyone is going “green” these days in an effort to become more environmentally friendly and conscious. Now, more than ever, people have a greater understanding of the link between environment and their own well being, with some even going as far as to grow their own food.
Naturally, the professional landscaping industry has followed suite. Eco-friendly and sustainable landscape design has become increasingly popular as more and more individuals and even large corporations explore the benefits of going green.
However, landscaping has always served a dual purpose. Aside from simply being nice to look at it, landscaping inherently has several green qualities. For example, properly selected, placed, and maintained landscaping can act as a wind barrier, which in turn can reduce heating costs. Similarly, according to the American Public Power Association, landscaping can reduce the need for air conditioning by up to 50% by shading windows and walls from the sun. The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) also notes that trees can reduce bothersome noise by as much as 50% and can mask unwanted noises with pleasant, more natural sounds such as chirping birds.
Sustainable, contemporary garden design not only looks beautiful but can serve several different purposes. If you’re interested in creating such a design, it’s important to consult with landscape designers who are experienced in eco-friendly practices and who can help in implementing your design.
Even if you already have a green thumb, it doesn’t hurt to have the green thumbs of landscape designers help you bring your eco-friendly ideas to fruition. Landscaping professionals who specialize in sustainable landscape designs can help you determine what solutions are best for your specific goals. For example, they can help you identify which native plant species you can plant in order to conserve water. In addition, they can help teach you how to maintain your sustainable design throughout the year and as the seasons change.
We answer phones Monday-Friday 8-5. If you have questions, please call (301) 656-6414.
Get in Touch
7201 Brookville Road
Chevy Chase, MD 20815
- Landscaping Services in Chevy Chase, MD
- Landscaping Services in Bethesda, MD
- Landscaping Services in Washington DC
- Landscaping Services in Darnestown, MD
- Landscaping Services in Brookeville, MD
- Landscaping Services in NE DC
- Landscaping Services in Takoma Park, MD
- Landscaping Services in Laytonsville, MD
- Landscaping Services in Clarksburg, MD
- Landscaping Services in Olney, MD
- Landscape Maintenance in Potomac, MD
- Landscape Maintenance in Rockville, MD
- Landscape Maintenance in Kensington, MD
- Landscape Maintenance in Chevy Chase, MD
- Landscape Maintenance in Silver Spring, MD